Saturday, March 1, 2014



Treadmill walking today. Cold and breezy outside, so i opted to get some walking in, inside.
The first time i tried the treadmill 2 weeks after my surgery,so 3 weeks ago, i made it .25 of a mile and that took me 18 minutes. On that attempt i had to hang on to the side supports, and it seemed like i
had forgotten how to walk even. I was limping very strongly and afraid of falling off.

A few attempts on the treadmill since then, hanging on to the sides and feeling like i was limping strongly. A few walks outside, to get some sunshine and some confidence. Then today back on the treadmill, and it seemed like an actual 'workout'.
My speed today was 2.6 and i only went 1.5 miles, but i am looking at measures of improvement, and today was so much better than my first treadmill walk.
The speed was 1 mile and hour faster, I felt smooth and confident. Even confident enough that i walked with a 2 pound weight in each hand for the first 20 minutes, and finished a total of 35 minutes.

Today gave me hope that i will, eventually, get back to 'normal'!

No comments:

Post a Comment